Adds are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays evenings with removals on Wednesdays & Sundays after 8pm EST.
• Friends only post - dated month & day on which you are applying.
• Your journal's timestamp must be under 3 weeks or you will be removed at the next removals.
• OOC contact post - please have comments screened.
• Usernames must be celebrity names only (birth or stage names) - no numbers or underscores.
• Clear your friends list of all nonmember journals.
• Examples - minimum 2 writing examples - at least 1 must be an entry.
If you are applying to override or a returning member, please state so in your application.
We do not allow more than 2 challenges (3 applicants total) per role.
If you are a returning member who has been removed for not having a substance update, you will not be accepted without one. If you were removed over 6 weeks ago, we ask for examples and consider you "new." Otherwise, please note that your substance will always be due 6 weeks from your last substance post. We ask that at least 2 substance entries are visible for recent previous members to be accepted or else provide examples.
Our top priority is that in-character and out-of-character lines are not to be crossed within the game and that our members feel safe. We encourage members to only enable commenting from registered users.
Once you’re accepted into biography, you have 3 days to post in adding introducing yourself to the community.
• Journals must be updated every 3 weeks on the friends page.
• Substance posts are required every 6 weeks. We calculate this as being due from the last substance post in case you post more frequently than every 3 weeks, but otherwise, it would be every other update.
• Substance is considered a minimum of 200 original words in any written format (written entries, answers to Q&As, image heavy posts with hover texts, etc) or playlists consisting of at least 10 items with links. However, playlist posts cannot count for substance twice in a row.
• All posts must be on the friends page with comments enabled. No backdating.
• Future dated posts for activities, or filtered posts that are not visible to the entire community, do not count as your 3 week entry.
• Keep, at minimum, up to your last two substantial updates (usually 9 weeks worth of updates) visible for us to monitor activity.
which you can learn about by clicking here!
There are five ways that members become eligible for override:
1. If they have not updated their journal within 3 weeks on the friends page.Note that the above rules only come into play if an override is in question and are otherwise not usually monitored. However, we reserve the right to judge excessive inactivity. Roles must also remain overridable at the time of adds to be overridden.
|HIATUSES & EXTENSIONS|
If something happens and a member needs time between updates, contact us for an extension. Extensions may be granted for up to 3 days after the date a member is due to update. If no date is given to us when requested, we will automatically list 1 day. Extensions do not extend the due date of your prior substance update, it is only to extend the date on the current update due.
We ask that hiatuses be no longer than 6 weeks in duration (starting from the date of your last public entry), but no shorter than 3 weeks, as that is our update limit and we do allow placeholders most of the time. When returning from hiatus, we ask that all members update with a substantial entry.
We allow 1 hiatus every 6 months, and we allow members to ask for an extension once every 2 months.
Members are to have at least one substance post in order to be considered for hiatus or extension.
It goes without saying that once you’re on a hiatus, no form of public activity will be tolerated. Public activity constitutes as commenting the friends page or 'friends only' posts, changing your journals appearance in any way, or joining in on community-wide activities, games, or chat rooms. We can’t monitor what happens in private interactions in customs, OOC posts, or instant messages, but we hope this option will not be abused. If you break this rule, your hiatus will be revoked and you are subject to removal.
These are handled on a case by case basis, and we are not unreasonable if exceptions need to be made! Please just contact us. We reserve the right to deny members' requests.
Please click here for a current member hiatus and extension list.
Note that due to mod availability, community wide activity checks (or removals) happen on Wednesdays & Sundays after 8pm EST. If this time is inconvenient for you to post, we suggest arranging your update deadline to be on another day.
While community wide activity checks happen on Wednesdays and Sundays, members can be removed at any time for exceeding update limits, breaking hiatuses/extensions, breaking rules in general, etc. Please keep your journals up to date at all times to avoid removal.
We ask that your last 9 weeks of updates (your most recent 2 substance posts, 1 placeholder) are visible at all times for us to monitor activity. If we cannot see when a post has been made or your 9 weeks of entries with your two most recent substance posts are not available, you will be subject to removal.
Out of respect for our current members, we ask that you do not interact with, or include in any way, ex-members or non-members of biography in the journal you use here.
Steer clear of anonymous interaction. Please do not utilize stat counters/IP address logging in your journal. Respect the IC/OOC line.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated; if you choose to use your own celebrity's words from another source please link back to the original source.
There may be instances in which the mod staff have cause to believe that a member is causing unnecessary drama to another, either IC or OOC, we do reserve the right to remove your character after reviewing the issue.
Mistakes do happen, but please feel free to contact us to correct us on any that you notice. Furthermore, don’t hesitate to bring us your feedback! Any and all comments can be directed to our mailbox, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We do not answer questions about why an application was rejected.
Rejections happen when we have reviewed your examples and we do not, for various reasons, see your writing as a good fit for the current style of writing we have seen in our members.
We reserve the right to reject a previous member who has tried and failed to be an active member of biography in the past. Our rule of thumb is a member should be able to have 2 chances at getting removed and re-applying in a 2-month period; however, we will use our discretion when it's been a repeat offense or other issues are at play. If you are rejected due to too many failed attempts at activity, you will only be re-admitted in the same role after a calendar month has passed, to give any potential other writers a chance.
We will let you know if a rejection could be pending for other reasons (i.e. a friends list that needs cleared out, or if we cannot access your examples). If this happens, you may feel free to provide more in depth or current examples and apply again at any time in the future.